Deadline: 6 November 2020|
Location: London: UK|
About Bank of America
The world of technology is evolving fast. Together, we can help shape it to be smarter, safer and more accessible.
Here at Bank of America, we’re developing innovations in emerging fields like virtual reality, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Through our cutting-edge projects and prototypes, we help all kinds of businesses to access finance more safely, rapidly and globally than ever. And, we support our people while they make the world of technology better, too.
Join Bank of America and we’ll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we’ll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you’re as passionate as we are about changing the world of technology, this could be the opportunity for you.
Internship Description & Program Overview
Technology touches every part of Bank of America and underpins each deal we make. From low latency programming to big data challenges to keep Bank of America at the forefront of the world’s financial markets, Technology is critical to our success. Owing to our investment in cutting-edge technology, Bank of America’s Global Technology and Operations (GT&O) division places growth and success as a central part of its strategy. Why? It gives our business the competitive edge to solve business problems by delivering high quality and practical solutions.
Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Technology provides end-to-end technology solutions and support for Global Banking & Markets businesses including Equities, Electronic Trading, Rates and Currencies, Credit and Structured Products, Commodities, Sales and Capital Markets, Wholesale Banking and Research.
Whichever team you join, we expect fresh thinking from our technologists; fast turnaround and delivery means work is challenging but also satisfying as solutions move from concept to implementation.
Summer Analysts attend a comprehensive induction and formal training throughout the program, and a variety of educational speaker events and networking events in order to aid you in your professional, technical and personal development. Interns also benefit from our Mentor and a Buddy program to ensure you are fully supported along the way.
As a Summer Analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical excellence to design, develop and maintain software
- Work directly with users to prepare initial programming specifications from user requirements
- Develop and test algorithms to solve complex business problems
- Design and build complex data to support new business initiatives
- Employ the latest mindset techniques such as agile development to deliver solutions
- Partner with business, product and technology teams across the organisation
- Internal and external client requirements gathering
- Translate client interactions into technical design specifications
- May work with (including but not limited to) Java, C #, Python and Scala
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between June 2021 and June 2022
- On track for a minimum of 2:1 degree classification (or equivalent)
- First and foremost we look for applicants who display a strong interest in and passion for Technology, a natural curiosity and a desire to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment
- We welcome applicants from various degree subjects however it may be advantageous to be studying a Computer Science or a numerate degree discipline with a strong computing component such as Mathematics, Science or Engineering
- For all applicants, particularly for those studying a non-Computer Science/Technology degree, you should show demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies, and efforts to advance technical skills
- Some knowledge of programming languages (may include but not limited to Python, C #, Java, Scala)
- Demonstrate capacity for innovative thinking and strong problem solving
- Display clear motivation for exploring a Technology career within financial services
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- We look for evidence of strong team-work, leadership and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
Analyst internship and full-time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one – and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we’re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING email@example.com OR YOU CAN SIMPLY DROP YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW. THANK YOU!