Deadline: 13 August 2020|
Location: Jordan – Za’atari|
Contract Length: Till the 31st of December 2020, with possibility extension|
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
JOB PURPOSE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the Syrian refugees in each district of Za’atari Camp to manage WASH infrastructure and access to clean water.
- Build capacity of adults and children to mitigate WASH related diseases and provide a link between the community and Oxfam’s WASH programs, ensuring refugees have opportunity to input, participate and provide feedback on implemented activities.
- Build the capacity of Community Mobilization Assistants to deliver a high-quality program that is responsive to the needs of the community at district level.
Desired qualification and experience
- Graduate from a recognized university (Social Science, Public health or other relevant fields).
- At least 1-2 years’ experience of work in emergency or development context projects preferably in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Good knowledge of public health promotion
- Able to collect, enter and analyses data against project indicators;
TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative assessments;
- Experience of working in a multicultural team;
- Experience of working in Refugee camp desirable
- Good coordination skills; and strong commitment to gender equality and social justice;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing
- Ability and experience to train people
- Potential and flexibility of attitude to learn
- The ability to present concise reports, sometimes at short notice, reflecting the problems and possible solutions for particular situations. Diplomacy, tact and administrative skills in order to work with people at managerial and, on occasions possibly senior government levels.
- The post holder should be at ease in working with local communities and Syrian refugees.
- Good written and spoken Arabic is essential, workable knowledge of English is desirable
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including annual leave entitlements, sick pay provision, medical cover plus opportunities for learning and development, part-time option, flexible working hours.
It is Oxfam’s policy to hire at the minimum to middle of the band, depending upon the skills and experiences of the strongest candidate
How to apply?
Use this link to get more information and apply if you meet the required qualificationshttps://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/community-engagement-assistant-int6743/12563/description/