Location: Zimbabwe, Harare
Deadline: 05 August 2020
Who can apply?
Everyone with desired qualifications and women are encouraged to apply.
Overview / Objectives of the position:
The Communications Graduate intern plays a critical role in assisting with documenting, packaging and communicating the vision, voice and priorities of GOAL Zimbabwe in consultation with the Gender Advisor. The ideal candidate is a media and digital enthusiast, with exceptional writing and design skills, a strong interest and background in communications.
Requirements: Technical & Functional skills
- An Honours degree in communications, journalism, marketing or equivalent.
- The preferred candidate should have experience in content management systems and social media strategy implementation.
- Should have interest in working with communities and vulnerable groups (women, children, and people with disabilities).
- The preferred candidate should also have experience in communications for NGOs or civil society organization.
- Communicating with and engaging a diverse range of audiences that GOAL Zimbabwe targets.
- The preferred candidate must have strong community engagement and writing skill
Requirements: GOAL Competencies: no more than 5 (See GOAL competencies Framework)
- This position requires a person who is highly proactive and creative and can work with colleagues across the organization.
- The person should share the organization’s core mission and principles.
- The person should demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be able to contribute to an energetic and busy team.
The person should adhere to GOAL Code of Conduct and safeguarding policies
Responsibility 1: Assist the Gender Advisor in creating, coordinating and implementing a communications and strategy.
- Assist in documentation of GOAL field activities and participate in field visits.
- Write Most Significant Change stories, case studies for GOAL projects.
Responsibility 2: Assisting in creating content of organizational activities and to disseminate content through the organisation’s communication platforms.
- Translate events and programmatic developments into narratives, working with the Gender Advisor to convey key messages.
- Task 2: Assist in designing presentations and public statements for the organization.Task 3: Assist in the mapping of media partners and development of a media database.
Responsibility 3: Assist in coordinating and facilitating branding of materials for the Organisation.
- Assist in ensuring the consistent use of the organization’s visual identity in internal and external communications.
- Assist in the designing and printing of information and visibility materials.
Responsibility 4: Assist in managing internal communication.
- Organisation of GOAL internal communications on the Share drive for institutional memory.
How to apply?