Location: El Fasher: North Darfur, Sudan|
Duration: 12 months|
About the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985. GOAL is currently working directly in North Darfur and North Darfur States, managed by GOAL offices in these states and in Khartoum. The current GOAL program focuses on following sectors:; Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL).
General Description of the Role
The Area Coordinator for North Darfur is based in El fasher and takes overall responsibility for the implementation of all GOAL’s programming in North Darfur, including Health, Nutrition, WASH and FSL. The Area Coordinator is also responsible to oversee and provide robust leadership to operation departments: HR, Logistics, Security and Finance. The Area Coordinator will potentially oversee 3 sub-offices in addition to the main coordination field office in El fasher (1 bigger sub-office in Kutum and 2 more sub-offices in Umbaro and Seref umera localities within the states). The Area Coordinator is also a focal person to coordinate and lead partnership issues with government and other partners within the state.
Overall Objectives of the position:
The Area Coordinator is responsible for all activities in their programme site; this responsibility covers the operational/support functions (Security, Human Resources, Logistics, Finance and Admin) and direct programme activities (Primary Health Care, Nutrition, WASH, Construction and Livelihoods) and includes coordination, programme planning and overseeing the day-to-day operations of senior field staff.; The Area Coordinator is also responsible for coordination and communication with state authorities.
To ensure good management of GOAL’s programme activities in the geographical location, the Area Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the programmes receive the maximum possible level of support from the Operational/Support functions. This will involve ensuring:
- Proper planning by the programme departments to ensure programme implementation is in accordance with the donor proposals
- Good, timely coordination between the different programme departments and Operational/Support functions.
- An understanding by all parties of the constraints faced by other departments.
- The efficient performance of the Operational/Support functions.
- If required, the Area Coordinator has a role to play resolving any conflicts between the different departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination and programme planning of the GOAL teams in North Darfur
- Oversee day-to-day operations of senior staff
- Submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and provide inputs for donor reports and proposals
- Coordination with the Government, UN and NGOs in the areas;
- Ensure the safety and security of the staff in the area of operation.
- Oversee HR; Finance; Logistics; and Construction Departments;
- External coordination to ensure GOAL’s position is understood and protected;
- Implement other tasks as identified by the CD.
- Liaise with partners at state and locality level; attend all appropriate co-ordination meetings and share information regarding projects and security where relevant.
- Overseeing Security in the programme site
- University Degree (MA preferable) in Management, Health, Water or Civil Engineering, Social Sciences or related fields;
- At least 4 years work experience at field coordination position
- Experience in volatile security environment
- Experience in programme management
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills
- Experience liaising with governmental / local authorities and other NGO’s
- Experience in managing staff safety and security;
- Very Good Logistics and Finance/Admin background
- Very good Program designing and implementation cycle knowledge and experience
- Strong field experience in coping up with the challenges that come with far and remote project implementation areas with limited opportunities for social activities.
General terms and conditions
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
- Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
How to apply? Visit the official page and apply online: https://www.goalglobal.org/careers/?vacancy=2039765&gh_jid=2039765