Deadline: 04 September 2020
Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Humanitarian and Protection Advocacy Advisor, DRC, you will manage humanitarian protection and advocacy work across all emergency and fragile locations in DRC delivering on strategic WVDRC advocacy and protection objectives. This will re-enforce WV DRC’s ability to credibly engage with the UN, local authorities, international donors and decision makers for improved humanitarian response, helping WV DRC leverage its presence, results and brand for maximizing impact to transform the lives of most vulnerable children and their communities in the DRC.
- Master’s Degree in International Development or another relevant field or a Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience
- Experience writing grants and/or developing proposals for advocacy or integration of advocacy into wider programming.
- Excellent understanding of the role of the UN in humanitarian emergencies, its agencies and ways of working, especially related to protection.
- Experienced in external engagement/lobbying with high-level stakeholders (SRSG, RC/HC, Ministerial, Ambassadorial).
- Experiences in networking and building coalitions.
- At least 3-5 years of progressive work experience in advocacy and protection, (including child protection), and international exposure/external engagement on humanitarian emergencies or fragile country contexts.
- Excellent English and French is required.
- Travel: 50% travel within country to various responses is expected.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 4 SEPT 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING email@example.com OR YOU CAN SIMPLY DROP YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW. THANK YOU!