Job Number: 2000735)|
Deadline: 05 October 2020|
The successful candidate will work in the Asian Division of the IMF Institute for Capacity Development (ICD) that is responsible for overseeing the design, organization, and delivery of capacity development (CD) activities for government officials in Asia (training and technical assistance), primarily in three regional capacity development centers and at headquarters, and including the delivery of virtual CD. He/She will work closely together with another assistant (half time) and the lead assistant who provides administrative oversight of the tasks being undertaken in support of the division’s work.
The selected candidate is expected to:
- carry out all aspects of capacity development (CD) related divisional work, in support of the mission teams, including memoranda, briefing material, official correspondence (comprising text, tables, and charts); training course and increasingly technical assistance (TA) related material, and coordinating translation, archiving and maintaining CD documents; maintaining data and running reports in various CD systems; organizing meetings and official events; and other tasks as appropriate.
- interact with mission chiefs on training courses and TA projects, regional training center coordinators, other related divisions in ICD, various departments and officials from member countries to assist with the administration of training courses, seminars, and TA missions. Depending on language skills, working closely with the China IMF Capacity Development Center (CICDC) may be among the special tasks.
- manage the Deputy Division Chief’s agenda and support his key responsibilities to help contribute to a smooth workflow within the division, department, and with other IMF departments.
- contribute to other divisional and departmental work, including working groups or the organization of special events.
Educational development, typically acquired by the completion of a bachelor or high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by a minimum of four years of relevant experience, is required and candidates must be physically residing within the local metropolitan Washington, D.C. area in order to be eligible for further consideration.
Highly qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work as part of a team.
- Very good organization skills and be able to work independently and proactively;
- Proven strong secretarial and administrative skills. Sound knowledge of the Fund’s organization, practices, and procedures are an advantage;
- Strong technical skills. Advanced or intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) is essential. Proficiency in Peoplesoft, document management systems, and SharePoint would be desirable, and interest in learning ICD systems (Capacity Development Management and Administration Program (CDMAP), Mission Assignment and Scheduling Tool (MAST), and online learning platforms such as Moodle) is a must.
- Excellent command of English, in both, oral and written communications is a requirement.
- Proficiency in Chinese (written and spoken) would be highly desirable.
- Occasional overtime on short notice may be needed.
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation
How to Apply?
Use this official link to Apply: https://rb.gy/wtk7hz
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING email@example.com