Location: Bukavu: Democratic Republic of Congo |
Deadline: Sunday 19 July 2020 (West African Time) |
Contract: Fixed one year with the possibility of extension (project life: 4 years) |
Month Salary/ stipend : competitive package |
Who can apply?
Everyone who meet the desired qualifications
The purpose of this position is to support the EKN funded “Improving security, social cohesion and human rights in conflict mineral rich regions of Eastern DRC” project by taking the technical and coordination lead on all advocacy efforts in the project. This 4-year project aims to strengthen regional stability in the Great Lakes by a) reducing levels of violence conflict and improved security in targeted mining areas of South Kivu and Ituri and by b) improving regional security and stability through cleaner chains, and more effective governance of mineral chains at all levels. The project started in December 2019.
Desired requirements and Qualifications
- MA degree in relevant field (international relations, political science, journalism, anthropology, development, sociology or other)
- 7-10 years of relevant working experience in the field of advocacy and communication
- Fluency in French (oral and written) and Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Experience of advocacy, communications, influencing and networking on peace building, gender and/or development issues preferably in DRC or the Great Lakes Region
- Experience of advocacy and influencing around natural resource management issues
- Experience working in Africa, Experience working with civil society organisations, and Experience of working on EKN funded projects
Duties and responsibilities
- Represent the project and conduct outreach at all levels (provincial, national/ regional and global level), including organizing/ calling and attending meetings and participating in advocacy coalitions, working groups, conferences and events with the Congolese government and civil society.
- Establish and maintain a strong network of Congolese public and private sector and civil society contacts, as well as key members of the government and the international community targeted by the project.
- Ensure key policymakers are informed about and support the project.
- Together with the Chief of Party, represent the project with key advocacy targets and push specific advocacy messages and objective.
- Gather, analyse and share with the consortium, information relevant to political developments at all levels that affect the sites targeted by the project.
How to apply?
To apply please visit the following link: https://rb.gy/3wrzgt
International Alert is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.