Application Timeline: Deadline – 22 September 2020
Scholarship Value: Full Scholarship
Starting Date: 2021
Number of Scholarships: up to 200
Scholarship Duration: 1-year
Location: Asia, China (Beijing)
Every year, up to 200 Schwarzman Scholars will represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential — a network of leaders who will serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars will be selected on the basis of not only their academic aptitude and intellectual ability, but also their leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to anticipate and act on emerging trends and opportunities, exemplary character, and desire to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
All qualified candidates will have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees prior to enrollment and must be proficient in English.
- Tsinghua University
Students from any country in the world provided that they satisfy minimum requirements of an undergraduate degree. There are no citizenship or nationality requirements.
Conditions, Eligibility, Requirements and Benefits
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their enrollment year.
- 40% of the class will come from the United States, 20% from China, and 40% from the rest of the world; we will build a diverse geographic mix within each broad category but will not commit to specific national or regional targets beyond those listed above.
- All qualified candidates will have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees prior to enrollment and must be proficient in English.
- REQUIRED FORMS AND RECORDS INCLUDE: Online application; Resume (2 page maximum); Transcripts/Academic Records; Essays (2) Letters of Recommendation (3); Video (optional)
- We discourage applicants from submitting any supplemental materials that are not required, such as portfolios, writing samples, additional recommendations, etc. Such materials will not be shared with the Review Committee.
- Selections will be made in November 2020. Applicants with Chinese passports apply by May 2020, with selections made in September 2020. Please review basic eligibility requirements via the link to the right.
The students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Health insurance
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses
NB_ Schwarzman Scholars will be the single largest philanthropic effort ever undertaken in China by largely international donors.
How to apply?
- Applicants who hold passports or permanent resident cards from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao, regardless of where they attended university or reside, will apply between January 1st and May 20, 2020 through the China application portal (http://en.sc.tsinghua.edu.cn/admissions/index.jhtml)
- If the applicant were to apply via the U.S./Global system with a Hong Kong permanent resident card, he or she runs the risk of losing the permanent resident card. The selection process for Chinese nationals shares the same principles as the U.S. and Global process and includes an online application and in-person interview at Tsinghua University in Beijing early summer 2020.
- Candidates will be notified as soon as admissions decisions are reached, by October 1, 2020 at the latest.
- For more information please click on the following link: https://www.schwarzmanscholars.org/admissions/application/
- To register and apply click on this link : https://schwarzmantsinghua.radiusbycampusmgmt.com/ssc/zx6712kk0x6G0x6702at.ssc
- Please also reach out to us anytime with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org; we are here to help.
Please do not forget to like our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages. Good luck.