Deadline: 8 October 2020
Job Type: consultancy
Location: Iraq – Diyala, Iraq – Kirkuk
We are looking for a Consultant to conduct a study on social norms of masculinities, gender roles and stereotypes to identify the common misconception men and boys have around women and girls’ empowerment.
What we are looking for
Our next Consultant will require
- University degree in gender studies, social sciences, political science, psychology and sociology or other relevant field.
- Experience / expertise in the following areas: masculinities and gender equality, men’s engagement in conflict and post-conflict, protection and advocacy.
- At least 10 years of progressively experience providing leadership on programming, research, and advocacy to advance gender equality and gender justice, particularly in engaging men in a discussion about masculinities, social roles, women’s economic empowerment, human rights and protection or related thematic areas of work.
- Inter-personal and communication skills with team work attitude.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Capacity building and training expertise.
- Full English proficiency
- Spoken Arabic is essential
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in career development, to act as key contributor to Gender team, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields activities, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates/consultants should submit their technical and financial proposal detailing:
Technical proposal including:
- Understanding of the Terms of Reference
- Technical approach developed and detailed methodology
- Composition of the team, division of responsibilities between its members, CVs submitted and availability of members
- Provisional timetable or workplan for the assignment and an estimate of costs per person per day
- References from two similar previous assignments
- A sworn statement as to the absence of any conflict of interest
Financial proposal in USD including:
- Total budget including all tax and incorporating a budget break-down per the indicative days. Please submit two budget (i) Assuming you are able to travel to Iraq and (ii) Assuming you will not travel to iraq
- Any proposals that do not include an itemized budget will not be considered.
Final date for submission of applications: 8/10/2020, 9 am local time, Erbil, Iraq
If you have any query, please send it to the email EAboualway@Oxfam.org.uk and will answer you with 48 hours
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING email@example.com