Location: Cameroon: Buea/Bamenda|
Company: Plan International|
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Given the current humanitarian crisis in the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon, Plan International is committed to providing vital humanitarian assistance especially in the domain of health, water, and sanitation to children and their families. For a better accountability and dignity of beneficiaries, the CVA seems to be the best way of delivery these services. The CVA Officer will serve as a liaison staff between the project and the beneficiaries. This, so that beneficiaries receive what they need, conveniently and all this reported timely.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
• The Cash Voucher Officer reports to the Project coordinator of the GAC IHA project
• Executes, supervises and reports on all project activities related CVA in his/her area.
• Mobilize target communities to inform and sensitize them on the CVA project activities;
• Participate in the establishment of beneficiary list for the project
• Ensure that the selection of beneficiaries is made in a transparent manner and according to the strict adherence to the selection criteria defined by the project;
• Establish and monitor the performance of the selected vendors for the CVA activity;
• Ensure that effective and coordinated CVA activities and services are carried out under the Plan International CVA Program policy and are fully implemented in area of responsibility.
• This includes ensuring beneficiaries are conversant with CVA program, traders or vendors are selected and understand the process, the goods requested by beneficiaries are available in the market, supervise and ensure that the acquisition of commodities is hitch free for both beneficiaries and vendors, and then ensure a day to monitoring, evaluation and learning process of the process.
• Keeps and maintain high contact with children, their families and communities
• Maintains a high contact with partners especially vendors at community levels
• Maintains high contact with local stakeholders.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Qualification and Experience
• GCE O/Level or its equivalent.
• Knowledge on Plan International is an added advantage.
• With at least 2 years of experience in CVA related projects.
• Be able to speak English. Ability to speak the local language of the assigned zone will also be an added advantage.
• Have proven ability to carry our a market study and act on the data.
• Proven skills in community mobilization and facilitation
• Familiarity with behaviour change communication and current CVA approach interventions and participatory methodologies.
• Has experience in working with children (boys and girls)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Resident in the assigned communities
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
• Timely and effective delivery of project activities and other outputs (reports, etc.)
• Commitment to child protection, gender equality and participation
• Skills in participatory assessment on CVA related activities
• Ability to network with grassroots structures.
• Works with trustworthiness and integrity
• Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks, diverse cultural contexts and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
• Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
• Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive under pressure.
– Empathy on issue affecting children rights and equality for girls
– Good planning and organizational abilities
– Team work
How to apply?