Location: Cairo, Egypt
Deadline: September 12, 2020
Duration: 6 months
Position: x6 RCREEE Interns
Who can apply?
Recent graduates with desired qualifications and women are encouraged to apply.
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices across Pan-Arab countries and is the Official technical arm institution of both League of Arab State – Energy Department and Arab Ministerial Council for Electricity (AMCE).
Having today 17 Arab countries among its members, RCREEE strives to lead renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives and expertise in all Arab states.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
Arab Program for Sustainable Energy Youth (APSEY)
RCREEE, in cooperation with the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) offers recent graduates 6 internship opportunities at its regional headquarters in Cairo.
The selected interns should be prepared to relocate to Cairo and work in a fast-paced team environment. Interns will complete the internship period having gained a broad experience in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and regional cooperation fields. Among the activities to be carried out during the 6 months are:
- Hands-on training on data mining, research and analysis skills through direct involvement in regional and country level research
- Placement in RCREEE projects under the supervision of Program Managers and Senior Experts
- Technical training courses by leading regional technical experts from the region
- Soft skills training courses (communication skills, leadership and project management, business and technical writing)
- Attending relevant regional workshops and/or Exchange mission with other young professionals to collaborate on running projects
- Periodic evaluation and feedback
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidates will work under the supervision of RCREEE team in any of the following areas:
- Research and analysis on renewable energy and energy efficiency trends and technologies in the Arab States
- Engage in project support and implementation in the fields of policy, institutional development, facts/figures, finance and private investments promotion relevant to RE/EE.
- Engage in RCREEE’s business development activities.
- Recent graduate of: Engineering, Environmental Studies, Economics, Political Science, or Business Administration
- Being enrolled in or a holder of a relevant Master’s Degree is a plus
- Previous experience in the field of sustainable energy and similar developmental projects is a plus
- Fluency in Arabic and one of the two languages; English or French, is a must
- Enthusiastic about the role of RCREEE and renewable energy and energy efficiency fields, and ready to learn
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deadlines-oriented
- Internet and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency is required
General Terms and Conditions
- The internship program operates on a remunerative basis. For interns from countries other than the host country, travel arrangements are the responsibility of RCREEE
- Non-Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 705 USD to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- It is the responsibility of the intern to arrange for his/her accommodation. RCREEE provides selected interns with a list of brokers’ contacts.
- Egyptian interns will receive a monthly amount equivalent to 350 USD.
- Medical Insurance is the sole responsibility of the intern.
Interning at RCREEE during COVID-19 Pandamic
At RCREEE, the safety of our employees and interns is a priority. All applicants should take note of the following:
- APSEY internship must be completed at RCREEE premises in Cairo, Egypt.
- Interns must hold an international health insurance valid in Egypt. A proof of insurance will be requested from selected candidates (after contracting).
- Given COVID-19 restrictions, program commencement date will depend on travel conditions and flight availability
- COVID-19 related tests may be requested from selected interns according to the Egyptian Ministry of Civil Aviation decisions
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 September 2020:
- Filled application form (Click to download)
- Updated CV
- A one-page motivation letter
Subject Line: APSEY Round 14
- All documents must be submitted as a complete package in one email. Applications missing any of the three required items will not be reviewed.
- All application items must be electronically filled (Not hand written).
- All applications must be submitted by email as attachments to “email@example.com“. Applications submitted through links and online drives are not accepted.
For more details and remarks, please visit APSEY application process page.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 6 weeks from the application deadline.
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com OR YOU CAN SIMPLY DROP YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW. THANK YOU!