Application Timeline: Deadline – 31 July |
Scholarship Level: Any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford |
Course starts :Oct 2021 |
Scholarship Value: Full Scholarship |
Number of Scholarships : Two |
Scholarship Duration: Depends on the degree programme (1-2 years) |
Location: United Kingdom (England) |
Host University |
Rhodes Global Scholarship is looking for outstanding young leaders who are motivated to engage with global challenges and to promote international understanding and peace.
The Rhodes Trust, based at the University of Oxford, brings together and develops exceptional people from all over the world, and in all fields of study, who are impatient with the way things are and have the courage to act.
The Rhodes Trust provides the Rhodes Scholarships in partnership with the Second Century Founders, John McCall MacBain O.C. and The Atlantic Philanthropies, and many other generous benefactors.
Upon 1 October 2020, you must meet either of the below criteria:
- You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1996 and on or before 1 October 2002).
- OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual)
- You must have not reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1993) AND you have met or will meet the requirements for completion of your first degree on or after 1 October 2019.
- Academic achievement: You must have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2021) an undergraduate degree with a First Class or minimum GPA minimum of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or equivalent). Please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still. Successful candidates typically feature within the top few ranks of their graduating classes.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
- A Rhodes Scholarship covers: All University and College fees; the University application fee; a living stipend (£15,144 per annum 2018-19); one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
- The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (PhD).
How to Apply?
- You will not be able to submit your application for the Global Scholarship without prior nomination by your University. Each university has a limited number of nominations that they can make each year. You must register the most appropriate nominator via the application form. Once their nomination has been received, you will be permitted to submit your form.You can apply online from 1 June 2020 at the Application page via the scholarships tab.
- You must submit your application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 31 July 2020.
- Visit the following link : https://rb.gy/tq4jlu