Deadline: 11 October 2020
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Programme Area Manager, CPI, the Technical Officer Volunteer will:
- Contribute to and support the design, development, pre-testing,
- production and dissemination of culturally relevant COVID-19 messages and RCCE materials meeting on-ground requirements and quality standards.
- In close collaboration with RCCE team, support the design and implementation of knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) surveys, focus group discussions and other feedback from community engagement activities. Help integrate findings into RCCE activities and products to support and inform evidence-based initiatives.
- Contribute to the country support provided by RCCE team to support the development and implementation of RCCE plan and initiatives in country office/s.
- Support the development of training material and delivery of training sessions to build national capacity for emergency risk communication and community engagement.
- Support the operations of the RCCE pillar of the COVID-19 response including compiling briefing notes and situation reports, developing talking points, preparing presentations and other materials needed for technical sessions or meetings.
- Collect success stories, lessons learned, best practices and testimonials from country offices and RCCE for reporting and documentation purpose.
- Develop and maintain a database of IEC material, photos, other multimedia products related to RCCE support to countries and interagency RCCE working group
- Compile, review and analyze team reports and documents to develop a monthly monitoring report reflecting RCCE support during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Attend internal meetings and prepare minutes of RCCE team and interagency taskforce meeting proceedings and perform other support duties when needed
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications/RequirementsRequired degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalentEducation – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor level university degree in social sciences, behavioural sciences, development sciences, communications, humanities or related fields from an accredited/recognized institute.
Required experience: 84 Months
- Academic; Bachelor level university degree in social sciences, behavioural sciences, development sciences, communications, humanities or related fields from an accredited/recognized institute.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of public health, research or communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral forms.
- Effective negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure while producing results.
- Ability to “think out of the box” and to make innovative proposals related to RCCE. Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations, Development programme management, Database design, administration and maintenanceDriving license: NoCompetencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypageand click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 11 October 2020Volunteer opportunity PDFShare