Deadline: 10 August 2020|
Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension|
Zimbabwe has received funding from the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for the project entitled “Building climate resilience of vulnerable agricultural livelihoods in southern Zimbabwe” The objective of the proposed project is to strengthen resilience of agricultural livelihoods of vulnerable communities, particularly women, in southern Zimbabwe in the face of increasing climate risks and impacts. The project will contribute to the following GCF Fund-level impacts for adaptation: 1.0 “Increased resilience and enhanced livelihoods of the most vulnerable people, communities and regions” and 2.0 “Increased resilience of health and well-being, and food and water security” for vulnerable smallholder communities in southern Zimbabwe. The project outcome will strengthen the adaptive capacities of vulnerable smallholder farmers, especially women, to climate change-induced impacts on their agroecosystems and livelihoods through revitalization of irrigation schemes, upgraded water and soil moisture management and water use efficiency, climate-resilient agriculture, improved access to climate information and markets, and partnerships with public and private sector actors. To achieve these outcomes the project proposes to overcome the identified barriers through implementation of the following three interlinked Outputs, using GCF and co-financing resources:
- Increased access to water for climate-resilient agriculture through climate-resilient irrigation systems and efficient water resource management;
- Scaled up climate-resilient agricultural production and diversification through increased access to climate-resilient inputs, practices, and markets;
- Improved access to weather, climate and hydrological information for climate-resilient agriculture. The Ministry of Lands, Agriculture, Water and Rural Resettlement (MLAWRR) is the implementing partner and the project will be implemented for 7 years from June 2020 to May 2027.
It is with this background that UNDP is seeking a part time Driver. Under the guidance and supervision of the GCF Project Manager, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver provides driving services to the operations, project and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission under the project. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Experience in rough terrain driving.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Shona and or Ndebele required.
Qualified female candidates are strong encouraged to apply for the position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office/project vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol;
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases;
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative;
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy;
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others.
How to apply
Follow the following link and apply https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=31909