Deadline: 12 October 2020
What you can expect from Halcyon
The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. We do this by providing three things: space, community, and access.
Space – The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. We give you physical and mental space, so you can focus on your venture and achieve your full potential.
- Five months of free housing at Halcyon (3400 Prospect St NW Washington, DC 20007)
- Eighteen months of free workspace at Halcyon, followed by affordable coworking options at Halcyon Arts Lab
- Shared meeting spaces including formal board rooms and creative spaces
- Additional meeting spaces, performance spaces, and free parking at Halcyon Arts Lab
- Makerspace access at the Georgetown University Maker Hub
Community – The journey of an entrepreneur is long and winding. You will experience many ups and downs, and we understand that you will need lots of support along the way. The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around fellows through our unique residential program, extensive post-residency fellow community, and a robust network of world-class mentors and advisors. These mentors and advisors are seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors.
- Entrepreneurs live and work alongside a diverse cohort of founders who quickly become consultants, confidants, and close friends
- Join a family of 100+ Halcyon Fellows who have come before you and are prepared to shine a light on the path ahead of you
- Each venture is paired with an experienced, industry-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance, accountability to achieve goals, and support during the residency phase
- Opportunities for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks with Fellows and Halcyon’s broader network to build and nurture relationships
Access – You need an ecosystem to build, grow, and sustain a social enterprise. The Halcyon Incubator connects entrepreneurs with key partners to advise and directly support Fellows’ ventures and provide crucial exposure.
- $10,000 stipend for living expenses during the residency phase
- During the course of the program, Fellows receive more than 100 hours of:
- Opportunities to present directly to ecosystem stakeholders, press, and potential funders at kickoff and final showcase events
- Access to a wide range of innovators, influencers, and community figures through conferences and events
What Halcyon expects from you
You need to be able to fully commit to the program for five months if you want to be selected. The Halcyon Incubator is an intense, demanding, once in a lifetime opportunity for Fellows and their social enterprises. Participation in the Halcyon Incubator program is the right fit if:
- The venture’s CEO or primary decision-maker can commit to full-time participation in the program before being selected as a finalist. Full-time participation includes:
- Living and/or working out of Halcyon in Washington, DC for the residency phase
- Attending mandatory orientation and kickoff event at the beginning of the program
- Attending mandatory final showcase event at the end of the residency phase
- The CEO or primary decision-maker working on the venture full time during the residency phase
- The fellow is committed to being an active member of the Halcyon community by:
- Traveling no more than three weeks during the residency phase
- Attending and participating in mandatory weekly programming including family breakfasts, pitch sessions, skill series, and mindfulness practice
- Positively contributing to our ecosystem and sharing your talents, expertise, and empathy with Fellows
- The venture’s CEO or primary decision-maker can live and work in the United States during the residency phase because they:
- Already reside and/or work in the U.S.
- Do not have foreseeable barriers to obtaining a visa for the five-month residency phase (i.e., have not previously been denied a visa for entry into the U.S.)
To learn more about the application process, please review Halcyon Incubator’s Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria and Process. For additional questions, please contact the Halcyon Incubator team at email@example.com.
To apply and for more information please visit: https://halcyonhouse.org/incubator/apply