Apply for the United Nations Volunteer (Transport Assistant)
Application Deadline: 21 February 2021
Duty Station: Juba, South Sudan
Contract Duration: until 30 June 2022
Start Date: Immediate
Eligibility criteria (United Nations Volunteer)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Motor Transport Officer (MTO) the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure that the mission’s electronic fleet management and vehicle tracking system (EFMVTS) is operational Mission-wide all the time;
- Coordinate with the Field Technological Services for a quick intervention in case of system failure, maintenance or software update;
- Coordinate with the Field Motor Transport officers for a quick intervention in case of vehicle tracking device failure to send data to the receiving station/server;
- Record and maintain correct data regarding everything pertaining to the fleet – vehicles/equipment and drivers;
- Analyze recorded data and establish possible problems from the information;
- Maintain schedules and alert messages for vehicle maintenance, driving permit and insurance renewal in the EFMVTS in order to have a fleet in an excellent shape;
- Utilise the EFMVTS to monitor drivers’ driving pertterns such as overspeeding, idling and excess braking;
- Utilise the EFMVTS to monitor compliancy of the road safety regulations and rules set by the local authority and the Mission leadership;
- Analyze optimization of fuel efficiency;
- Monitor for the compliancy of SOPs governing usage of UN vehicles/equipment;
- Prepare vehicle usage reports for the purpose of fleet planning, budgeting, investigations and auditing;
- Act as a duty mechanic as per Transport section duty roster;
- Perform other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
Required degree level: Technical/Vocational diploma Education –
Diploma or technical qualifications in transport and logistics is required. Specialization in fleet management is an added advantage.
Required experience: 36 Months
At least three years of relevant work experience in logistics role in a transportation industry.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other transport related experienceArea of expertise details:
Driving license required: Yes (Required), license for trucks and mobile equipment is an advantage;
Computer skills: Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;
Technical knowledge: Should have exceptional analytical abilities and organizational skills. Be detailed oriented and good at problem solving as well as possess outstanding interpersonal skills. Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
Driving license: Yes
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the United Nations Volunteer Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Please follow Youth Opportunities Hub on:
Please share this opportunity with your family, friends and loved ones on: