Location: Thailand: Bangkok|
Department: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and Pacific|
The job opening number: 20 Administration- ESCAP- 138599-J-Bangkok (R)|
Duration of Internship
The internship programme is for a period of two to six months depending on the needs of the division. The intern is to report to Human Resources Officer in the Organizational Development and Staffing Unit (ODSU) in the Human Resources Management Section (HRMS) of the Division of Administration (DA).
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
• Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
• Be computer literate in standard software applications;
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Daily responsibilities will vary and depend on the individual’s background. Daily duties may include:
• Assisting in social media outreach (Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Implementing and maintaining social networking campaigns
• Conducting recruiting outreach
• Assisting with communication materials related to recruitment
• Coordinating with different stakeholders
• Compiling statistics related to recruitment
• Generating a variety of standard data entry using databases in Excel
• Providing administrative support to ongoing projects
• Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
• Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
• Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the internship, fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for interview.
How to apply?
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Follow this link to apply https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=138599
The Cover Note must include:
• Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
• Graduation date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
• List of IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
• List of your top three areas of interest
• Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship
• Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted for further consideration.