Deadline: 16 October 2020
Type of Job: FTA International
Location: New York, USA
Applications for this vacancy MUST be sent with the relevant attachments (Cover Letter & CV) to the following email address: email@example.com. Only applications received at this email address will be accepted. Kindly indicate the following reference on your application: # ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATOR.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories. Anchored in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and committed to the principles of universality, equality and leaving no one behind, UNDP’s priorities are set in its Strategic Plan (2018-2021), aiming to help countries achieve sustainable development by eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, accelerating structural transformations for sustainable development and building resilience to crises and shocks. The Strategic Plan sets out a vision for the evolution of UNDP over the next four years, responding to a changing development landscape and the evolving needs of our partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Administrator and UN Under Secretary General reports to and supports the UNDP Administrator in the discharge of his/her responsibilities. Within the overall strategic direction set by the Administrator, the Associate Administrator will be expected to provide leadership within the organization and will be delegated the relevant authorities in the following areas:
• Ensuring the effective implementation of the Strategic Plan of UNDP and monitoring key aspects of the organizational performance. In particular, the Associate Administrator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of key aspects of the operational programme of UNDP, and ensuring the organization’s institutional and operational effectiveness;
• Overseeing the use of resources of the organization, ensuring they are being used effectively towards the results identified in the strategic plan and identifying major existing or emerging resource related challenges in the organization;
• Overseeing the implementation of approved audit and evaluation policies and recommendations;
• Overseeing the implementation and operationalization of Executive Board programmes of UNCDF, UNOSSC and UNV;
• Advising the Administrator on substantive matters and in the organisation’s strategic planning and the development of management tools and instruments to enhance the performance of UNDP in its overall mission;
• Assisting the Administrator in developing and facilitating consultations with Governments;
• Representing the organisation in the UN Sustainable Development Group and relevant inter-agency as well as UN development system reform related processes and committees, as delegated by the Administrator;
• Representing the organisation where required and assisting in the establishment and development of key partnerships;
• Ensuring effective security and safety management throughout UNDP.
The Associate Administrator is a member of UNDP’s Executive Group and contributes to shaping and monitoring overall corporate strategic directions.
• Champions the organization’s vision and goals; ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks and create organizational strategies to achieve identified goals;
• Demonstrated capacity in overseeing the analysis of and response to complex development issues;
• Demonstrated capacity to steer and implement change in complex environments and position the organization to identify opportunities and minimize threats.
• Experience in building organizational capability and responsiveness and driving a high-performance culture;
• Ability to track organizational performance and achievement of results, anticipate risks and address them;
• Demonstrated experience in identifying opportunities to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness and drive continuous improvement;
• Track record of nurturing and supporting talent and organizational succession planning;
• Strong political acumen and strategic focus.
• Capacity to communicate broad and compelling organizational direction internally and externally;
• Engage staff and stakeholders in understanding the links between the organization’s strategy and goals;
• Capacity to communicate clearly on development challenges and solutions and UNDP’s contribution to results;
• Demonstrated capacity to negotiate persuasively to achieve outcomes;
• Capacity to represent the organization effectively in international fora.
Productive Relationship Management:
• Demonstrated capacity to build and sustain productive relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders;
• Strong capacity to facilitate stakeholder engagement and establish whole-of-organization approaches to address issues;
• Ability to identify client needs and identify appropriate solutions;
• Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain the cooperation of others in a team endeavor;
• Ability to build trust through operating with transparency and creating an open and positive environment.
Drive, Integrity and Judgement:
• Sound judgment and ability to make effective, well-informed and timely decisions to achieve desired outcomes and follow through to ensure strategies are implemented;
• Fosters culture of accountability;
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• A strong commitment to gender equity;
• Demonstrated resilience and persistence towards achieving organizational objectives.
• Demonstrated commitment to acting ethically and with integrity and commitment to the values enshrined in the UN Charter;
• Building support and political acumen;
• Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation;
• Building and promoting effective teams;
• Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication;
• Creating an emotionally intelligent organization;
• Leveraging conflict in the interests of UNDP & setting standards;
• Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning;
• Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking.
Required Skills and Experience
• Advanced University degree in development-related disciplines, Economics, Business Administration, Public Policy or other relevant Social Sciences.
• Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience of sustainable development issues, working in partnership with national and international actors to create opportunities and solutions to development challenges;
• Demonstrated leadership and proven skills in managing complex organizational settings (such as an intergovernmental, international non-governmental or multinational private sector entities);
• Extensive experience in operational management at senior corporate level and exposure to, knowledge of managing complex and evolving organizations and the ability to oversee the effective use of the organization’s financial and human resources;
• Proven ability to ensure the effective implementation of and compliance with agreed policies and practices, including with principles of transparency and accountability in the work of the organization;
• Strong diplomatic and political skills and impeccable personal and professional integrity;
• A solid understanding of the United Nations system and mechanisms.
• Proficiency in English;
• Proficiency in another United Nations official language will be an advantage. Applications for this vacancy MUST be sent with the relevant attachments (Cover Letter & CV) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications received at this email address will be accepted. Kindly
FOR MORE INFORMATION> https://rb.gy/bwc1qe
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING email@example.com