Application Deadline: 25 September 2020
Post level: Internal Auditor
Starting Date: 10 October 2020
Contract Duration: 1 year, renewable
Background and Context:
The mission of ENID/ El Nidaa initiative is to develop and design action-oriented strategies to address vital economic development challenges, notably poverty reduction and job creation. Its aim is to create an integrated process for the design of best practice projects and programs, and to disseminate these solutions to development practitioners and policy-makers. Collectively, these projects and programs emphasize inclusive socio-economic development. ENID/ El Nidaa is headquartered in Cairo, with a local ENID/ El Nidaa office in the Qena governorate.
ENID/ El Nidaa initiative covers four major domains, each of which has the potential to impact significantly on poverty reduction and job creation. These are:
- Upgrading basic services in rural Upper Egypt;
- The promotion of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs);
- Sustainable agricultural development and off-farm income;
- Communications and knowledge tools;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, implementing and maintaining audit policies and procedures that identify and mitigate risks as well as assess and improve the Foundation’s arrangements for risk management, control, governance and achieving value for money.
- Examining ENID/El Nidaa’s accounts, financial control system, previous reports, files and other necessary information.
- Preparing reports and commentaries which reflect audit findings and document process.
- Maintaining open communication with and timely reporting of audit information to management,
- Ascertaining the integrity and reliability of audit information reported to management for effective decision making.
- Conducting follow up audits to monitor ENID/El Nidaa’s operational and financial processes
- Ensuring compliance with the internal policies, laws and regulations, whilst following the best audit and business practices.
- Conducting ad hoc investigations into identified and reported risks.
- Compiling and implementing the annual internal audit plan.
- Assisting ENID/El Nidaa’s staff in anticipating and mitigating risks, resolving complex problems and identifying thoroughly researched and analysed solutions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in accounting or related business field. An advanced degree is an asset.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional audit experience in nonprofit organizations in the field of local development with in-depth knowledge of the United Nations financial regulations and rules, accounting standards and budgeting methods. A combination of work experience and advanced degree may be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation, determination and confidence
- High level of professional scepticism
- Meticulous attention to details
- Excellent IT knowledge
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure
- Discreet management of sensitive and confidential information
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include the following:
Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Please quote “Internal Auditor” in the subject line.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than 25 September 2020.
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING email@example.com