Deadline: 20 June 2020
Agriculture is the backbone of development. Most African economies are still dependent on agriculture. Due to factors such as population increase and natural resource degradation, food security is now under threat. You can do something about it. Develop an innovative solution that will help to increase agricultural productivity and profitability.
For this year’s Social Innovation Challenge seeks to solve agricultural challenges in the community of Enemay Woreda (District), East Gojjam Zone, Amhara Region, Ethiopia.
Who can apply?
- Innovators, entrepreneurs, or anyone around Africa and other regions who can come up with great agricultural innovations.
Conditions, Requirements and Benefits
- Submit your business model.
- Five great innovations will be shortlisted to collaborate with the community.
- The business models will be presented in front of various stakeholders and expert partners.
- Two finalists will be awarded $12,000 for implementation. This will also include a 12-month incubation period.
- For more information click the following link: https://challenge.worldvision.ca/en/challenge/agricultural-innovation/
- To apply online, please click on the following link: https://challenge.worldvision.ca/en/login/?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fchallenge.worldvision.ca%2Fen%2Fgeneral-application-form%2F . You also have an opportunity to apply via an offline form. All you have to do is to download the form in English or Amharic to fill offline and submit via email to : WVE_SIC@wvi.org
“Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.”- Robert Kiyosaki. Good luck!
Please do not forget to like our Facebook, twitter and Instagram pages.